Sioux County will be offering a bounty of $35.00 per tail for beavers taken during the 2022-2023 trapping season. The maximum that will be paid out is $7,500.
Beavers will be accepted at the Sioux County Conservation Ranger Station- 4051 Cherry Ave, Hawarden on Monday from 8:30- 9:30 am. The first Monday you may bring them to the Ranger Station is November 7, 2022.
Here are the guidelines:
- Beaver(s) must be taken into Sioux County Conservation Ranger Station between the dates of November 5, 2022, to April 15, 2023.
- Trapper must have a valid Iowa Furbearer License.
- No trapping of beavers allowed at: Oak Grove Park, Hawarden, Big Sioux Recreation Area, Hawarden or Sandy Hollow Recreation Area, Sioux Center.
- The tail must be attached to the beaver(s) when presented for bounty.
- A bounty of $35.00 will be paid per tail until a maximum of $7,500.00 for the season has been paid.
- Payment will be processed through the Sioux County Auditor’s Office. A completed W9 tax form from the trapper will be required for payment.