Sioux County will be offering a bounty of $35.00 per tail for beavers taken during the 2021-2022 trapping season. The maximum that will be paid out is $7,500.
Beavers will be accepted at the Sioux County Conservation Ranger Station– 4051 Cherry Ave, Hawarden on Monday and Thursday from 8:30- 9:30 am. The first Monday you may bring them to the ranger station is December 13, 2021.
Here are the guidelines:
• Beaver(s) must be taken into Sioux County Conservation Ranger Station between the dates of December 13, 2021, to April 15, 2022.
• Trapper must have a valid Iowa Fur bearer License.
• No trapping of beavers allowed at: Oak Grove Park, Hawarden, Big Sioux Recreation Area, Hawarden or Sandy Hollow Recreation Area, Sioux Center.
• The tail must be attached to the beaver(s) when presented for bounty.
• A bounty of $35.00 will be paid per tail until a maximum of $7,500.00 for the season has been paid.
• Payment will be processed through the Sioux County Auditor’s Office. A completed W9 tax form from the trapper will be required for payment.
Click here for the forms that must be completed and submitted with the beavers.